First choice candidate Peter Garbutt has lived in the ward and performed well in debates as Green candidate for Sheffield Hallam last May. Peter is offering practical support to local campaigns to protect healthy trees, including those on Lydgate Lane, Western Rd and Rivelin Valley Rd.
Green councillors will work with local people and support the Crosspool and Crookes Forums – so vital for our communities.
1868 people voted Green in Crookes ward last May. On May 5th your 3 votes can elect 3 Green councillors in the new Crookes and Crosspool council ward. Together we will ensure the voices of people here, and across Sheffield, are heard.
Green Councillors have worked to stop litter and fly-tipping and deal with anti-social behaviour. We have challenged the policy of selling public services without public scrutiny.
We opposed plans for a new elected mayor, rejected in a 2012 referendum.
In the council budget we proposed to:
- Cut the price of residents’ parking permits
- Cut executive pay in the Council
- Invest £6.5 million in cutting fuel bills for homes and schools
We also found extra money to:
- Cut air pollution from taxis
- Improve road safety and public transport
- Save vital care for the elderly and disabled All were rejected by the ruling Labour group.
All were rejected by the ruling Labour group.