Current Broomhill Cllrs Aodan Marken and Brian Webster work together to ensure local residents have the support they need. Magid Mah, a former President of Hull University Students Union who lives in Broomhill, works closely with them in our team in the new, expanded Broomhill & Sharrow Vale council ward.
If elected, we will continue to work hard on the issues that matter to you. On May 5th you can change Sheffield City Council for the better. Together we will ensure the voices of people in Broomhill & Sharrow Vale, and across Sheffield, are heard.
Greens win in Broomhill!
Cllr Brian Webster won Broomhill ward by 698 votes in 2014. Cllr Aodan Marken won Broomhill ward by 495 votes in 2015. Use your 3 votes to elect 3 Green councillors in Broomhill & Sharrow Vale ward on May 5th.
Green Councillors have worked to stop litter and fly-tipping and deal with anti-social behaviour. We have challenged the policy of selling public services without public scrutiny.
We opposed plans for a new elected mayor, rejected in a 2012 referendum.
In the council budget we proposed to:
- Cut the price of residents’ parking permits
- Cut executive pay in the Council
- Invest £6.5 million in cutting fuel bills for homes and schools
We also found extra money to:
- Cut air pollution from taxis
- Improve road safety and public transport
- Save vital care for the elderly and disabled All were rejected by the ruling Labour group.
All were rejected by the ruling Labour group.